This is the best tutorial available for KNUST course registration. If you are completely new to this university’s systems, do not panic. @DeGhraspa.com got you covered.
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology is an educational institution that is commonly known across Ghana. Many students who apply for admission are always in need of ways to register for their courses and Deghraspa.com has the solution to this.
KNUST course registration is open every semester for all students. You must register for a course in order to be able to study and achieve your desired degree.
Earlier, I wrote a few articles about KNUST including the best way to access your KNUST student mail as well as the best way to calculate your KNUST grades. In this new article, I will be explaining to you some of the things you must know about the KNUST course registration and how to go through the process.
Table of Contents
KNUST Course Registration
There are a few things you must know before attempting to register for your courses. You should read my previous article on KNUST courses and programmes to get familiar with the terms.
Every student must be admitted to a Faculty/ Department/ Institute/ College / School of Graduate Studies for a particular programme. After getting admission into the college or institute, you can now register for the courses under the programme you want to study.
The course registration is at the beginning of every semester after which if a student couldn’t register for the course will have to pay a fine to register.
The student must follow the course registration procedure as follows:
Students must consult the Head of the Department, or Examinations Officer to plan which courses to register for.
- Biometric Registration
Students must visit the Biometric registration point on campus or other designated centers to have their Biodata captured. Without this, the course registration will be incomplete.
- Register Courses
Register your planned and selected courses following the acceptable KNUST course registration procedures. Note that the registration is regulated by strict deadlines and if not followed properly will result in fines.
- Print Course Slip
At the end of the registration process, students must print their course slips for the Head of Department/ Dean/ Deputy Director/ Secretary of the School of Graduate Studies or their representatives to sign. This is required to complete the registration process.
How to print your KNUST course slip online
Printing your KNUST course slip online should be very easy than you can imagine. If you have not registered for your course yet, you can follow this same procedure to register online and print your course slip.
- Visit the KNUST students portal at: apps.knust.edu.gh
- Log into the portal using your given username and password
- After reading the instructions, click on “Course Registration” to begin registering for your courses.
- If you have already registered, your compulsory courses in addition to your departmental electives will be selected. If not, then manually select your electives since the compulsory courses will be auto-selected. There is a delete button to also help you delete the courses in case you made a mistake.
- Click “Print and Save Registration Slip” when you are done.
- Print the course slip and present it for signing.
Probably you have some questions about this topic that have not been answered on this page yet. Leave it in the comment box below and I will reply as early as possible.
Below are some of the Frequently Asked Questions about this topic.
How do I register as a fresher at KNUST?
If this is your first time registering for KNUST courses as a fresher, do not panic. The registration process is very simple.
1. Log into apps.knust.edu.gh
2. Click on the “Course Registrations” tab
3. All your compulsory courses are automatically selected so simply select the extra elective courses.
4. click on “Print and Save Slip” when you are done. That is it, you have successfully registered for your courses for the first time.